Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My New Top Favorite Artists and Groups


SIA on of my new favorite artists. She is so talented and my favorite son of hers is "You've Changed" but her entire "We Are Born" album is great. I would describe her music as similar to pop but doesn't have that dancy vibe to it. She has even worked with Christina Aguilera and Zero 7.




Erin McCarley is another amazing artist. Her voice is just gorgeous and her songs are great too. I love her song called "Pony(It's Ok)" and "Love Save the Empty" in her album "Love Save the Empty". Her genre is different from Sia or any of of the others. I would compare her more to someone like Sara Bareilles or Yael Naim but of course every artist is a little different. Her songs have been featured on a number of shows including The Hills and Jay Leno. 


I absolutely LOVE Kate Nash! My friend actually helped me find my love for this artist. My favorite songs by her include Foundations, Merry Happy, Mouthwash, Kiss that Grrl and Do Wah Doo. Her voice is so lovely and her music is so happy sounding. I'm sorry but thats the only way that I can describe it. She is super popular in England but her music is becoming more well known here in the States.

Matt and Kim is an amazing group, they are a SEMI- punk (take note on the semi, they are not emo at all!!) dance group with only two people. They have a ton of good songs but my favorites include; Cameras, Daylight, Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare, and Good for Great. All of those songs are from the albums Grand, and Sidewalks. They were amazing at Lollapalooza last summer. 


And last but certainly not least, Ellie Goulding. Ellie Goulding has one of the best, most unique voice out there. She is also much bigger in the UK but she is still kind of popular here. She even preformed at the royal wedding. My favorite songs of hers are Lights and Starry Eyed. I would say that her genre is indie- pop and a little electronic. She is going to be at Lollapalooza this year and I am so excited to finally see her in concert. 


There are many more and probably more to come! But these are some of my favorites at the moment 

~Sahar


2 comments:

  1. I Listen to those artists too!!!!! you have great taste in musiccc lolll keep postinggg!!!!

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks and I intend to keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete